I just got an email from the good people over at Edison Research about a report that they did for the Blogworld New Media Expo on October 15 of this year in Vegas. Since it was a special day for my family I couldn’t get away but I’m glad that the the Edison Research people put the presentation online.
Check it out… Here… http://vimeo.com/16936611
In case you have some trouble viewing it here are the high points (via Edison Research of course).
Principal findings of the study included:
- The percentage of Americans who have ever watched or listened to a podcast is 45%, up from 43% one year ago. This equates to approximately 70 million Americans 12+.
- The podcast audience has migrated from being predominantly “early adopters” to more closely resembling mainstream media consumers.
- Podcast consumers continue to prefer consuming content at their desktop, not on dedicated media players, but mobile phone media consumption is surging.
- Podcast consumers index very highly for social networking behaviors
- Two-thirds of podcast consumers have listened to digital audio files in their vehicles by connecting an iPod or other MP3 player to their car audio system.